I had a huge surprise Friday afternoon – what I thought was going to be delivered was a cheesecake and instead, I had a beefcake show up at my door – Dustin surprised me with the dogs!! So on Saturday, getting back into my routine, I thought it’d be wise to do a nice, long bike. We got up early to let the pups out… before loading up my bike with Accelerade Hydro and GU… I’ve gotten good at the night before thing so I don’t waste anytime getting out when its still cool.
As I pushed through all the pain and heat, I remembered this little boy from a YouTube video I watched earlier this week! As young as he is, he has a career ahead of him giving motivational speeches!! ha. I ended up shaving a little over 30 minutes off my first bike out to the refuge – maybe it was having Dustin there and knowing he would be like, ‘where ya been at?’ or just an overall improvement…. who knows!
Other high marks from this week included:
- Getting my 5a wake up call routine down!
- Biking before work and meeting one of the bike guys from Boardtown Bikes!! This bike shop in Starkville is AMAZING! www.boardtownbikes.com
- Getting a little extra money when I wasn’t expecting it! I was able to buy the book Aaron Scheidies recommended for my open water swimming a while back… and a new race day shirt – if you don’t have one, get one: www.cdifferentwithaaron.com.
- Getting in touch with Mississippi State’s Triathlon Club team… so stoked about getting to work with them and all their awesomeness!
- Even… getting Dustin instead of a cheesecake at my place… made for a perfect weekend!!